Welcome to the Meteorological Information Exchange website
The Weather Information Exchange Models and Schema (WXCM-WXXM-WXXS) are designed to enable a platform independent, harmonized and interoperable meteorological information exchange covering all the needs of the air transport industry.
The Weather Information Exchange Model specifications support the data-centric environment. It supports MET information collection, dissemination and transformation throughout the data chain.
This site introduces you to WXCM-WXXM-WXXS and its key concepts.
Additionally you can download the UML and the XML Schema documents.
It has three main components:
- The conceptual Information Model (WXCM)
- The Logical Data Model (WXXM)
- The Exchange Schema (WXXS)
The WXCM-WXXM-WXXS takes advantages of existing and emerging information engineering standards and supports current and future aeronautical meteorological information system requirements.
The major tenets are:
- Support for the latest ICAO and other user requirements for meteorological information by one single representation
- Alignment with ISO standards for geospatial information, including the use of the Geography Markup Language (GML)
- Alignment with OGC Best Practices for geospatial information, including the Observation & Measurement model
- Modularity to support future requirements